Thursday, February 02, 2006

My sports conquests

On the eve of this Super Bowl weekend, I figured that I would enumerate several of my best sports moments and conquests in the short 19 year period of my earthly existence. These will range from the extraordinary to the desirable to the banal.

-I saw the NBA finals MVP Tim Duncan when he played for Wake Forest in a game at The Citadel.

-I saw Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds both play games during their legendary 66 HR and 73 HR respective seasons. The irony was that it wasn't Sammy that hit a homer for the Cubs, rather their pitcher who hit a grand slam.

-I've cheered amongst 83,500 fans at a Clemson football game as they beat the snot out of the rival USC Gamecocks. The Tigers proved their mettel in the game and the 4th quarter brawl that made national headlines as it was the day after the Artest fiasco.

-I've met sports legends like Mike Krzyzewski, Frank Howard (the winningest Clemson football coach), Roy Williams, John Madden, Al Davis, John Kresse, and of course Bob McKillop.

-I've been to sporting events in major sporting events in 8 states, including MLB, NCAA basketball, baseball, football, wrestling, lacrosse, field hockey, tennis, and track, NFL, AFL, NBA, Olympics

-I have a Kobe Bryant rookie card. (those 81 points raised its value, I'm sure)

-I've been to such famous arenas as Fenway Park, Durham Bulls park, Cameron Indoor Stadium, Death Valley, the "Black hole" in Network Associates, and of course Belk Arena.

-I had backstage passes to the NCAA and NIT tournaments.

That's about it for now. Not too impressive I know. But I'm working on it.

No comments: