Tuesday, January 31, 2006

NOW

I must say that I am continually amazed by the significance of the new print media over the internet that takes the form of blogs, message boards and updated newsflashes (the irony is not lost on me that I state this in a blog). Every day it seems that I am searching the internet and my Favorites list for new content, thoughts and viewpoints. While I love to read interesting articles and catch up on the news, I am astounded by how often I am merely looking for opinions that reaffirm my own ideas. I am always interested in reading and finding more content on Davidson basketball, not because there is anything I don't know, but that I just love to read other people come to know what I understand as important truth. As long as I am living, I will never tire of reading an article that proclaims Bob McKillop as the epitome of all things good about college basketball. I love to read blogs by Thomas Friedman that point out the ignorance of partisan politics in regards to the world political, social and environmental status. I feel empowered to say "Ha, in the end, your rhetoric gets you nowhere." But neither does mine. The internet reflects our society's impatience with nearly everything. We want to have a say now, and we want everyone else to affirm us now. Now get on here and tell me I'm right.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Affirm affirm! And have you check out www.rocketboom.com yet? Really funny.